Wednesday, February 2, 2011

all in a days work

I love my job. But, when corporate comes in and says "Hey, you guys are doing excellent. You have a 1% bad debt which you have lowered from 10% in less than a year. Your credits look amazing and your incoming cash is really good. BUT we are going to regional-ize you. We are moving your positions to Everett and if you are interested in applying for a job let us know." Corporate doesn't really care that I love my job. Yep, that is what they told our department 2 months ago. When I started my new job they told me to allow myself about 6 months until I would feel comfortable doing my job. I have been there 9 months tomorrow. I finally felt like I could talk the lingo and not second guess myself. Lame. I love my co-workers. We have a blast! Luckily, since no one wanted to apply for the jobs in Everett and we have an amazing GM who took care of us and allowed us to apply for other positions in the office. We all have been relocated to new positions. For the last month I have taken on a few of my new duties and I think it will be fine. I just am really, really going to miss my DME billing department. After our month closed at noon today we all cleaned out our desks and packed our belongings to move to our new desks. Someone asked if I liked my new desk. I think I will like it, I didn't really like my crappy old desk when I started- the drawer never stayed closed but as I was moving out I kept thinking I am going to miss my stupid drawer. Change is hard. I just hope tomorrow I can make it look like I am busy- at least until my manager trains me a little more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that's crappy. Hope today is really easy! I hate change too, especially when I just got used to the last change. Ugh.