Saturday, February 6, 2010

Face I kind of like ya..


Today is a special day.
23 years ago I became a big sister.
I think she is pretty special.
I have countless memories with my sister.
I remember meeting her at the hospital.
Actually, I remember what I was wearing when I meet her.
I assume I kind of liked her.

I remember sharing a room.
One night I convinced her that bees were in our room.
She was scared and yelled for Dad.
He came.
She explained that there were bees in the room.
He was confused but ushered the "bees" from the room.
He left.
I buzzed.
She yelled -again.
He came.
He checked in the closet, under her bed, under my bed, and shooed them out- again.
He left.
I buzzed -again.
She yelled -again.
He came -again.
He shooed -again.
He left -again.
I buzzed -again.
He heard this time.
She yelled -again.
He came -again.
He leaned over me really close.
He said "ARE YOU BUZZING?" in a whisper-that meant business.
I nodded and giggled.
He said "KNOCK IT OFF!"
The bees left.
He left.

I also remember why I call her Face.
She is a good negotiator.
She never lacks an opinion.
I am not a good negotiator.
I waffle.
We were on conflicting sides of an unimportant issue.
I was at a loss.
I had no more words.
So I threw a real whopper at her.
"Shut up... Face!"
It started out as an insult- I think.
But, then she answered to the name Face.
So, it stuck.
Word of advice: Don't call her that.
I am the only one that gets away with it.
Cuz, I am her big sister and I kind of like her.

I also remember when I tricked her and told her I was on cash cab.
I called her.
I said "Quick. I am on cash cab. What is the name of the snake on the Jungle Book?"
She was confused. She loves that show.
Heidi in the back round said "10 seconds"
She quickly gave me the answer.
Then asked "what did you win?"
I told her I had to go.
I hung up.
Then I called her back.
By then she realized cash cab is in NY and I am in LV and why would I be taking a cab?
I tricked her.
She helped me when I needed help.
She is like that.
Because of that I kind of like her.

Happy Birthday, Face. I love you.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh that is so funny! Happy Birthday Michelle! I can't quit laughing about the bees.

ME said...

hahahaha Thanks Nicole!!! I love you sooo much!!!

Peter and Lesha said...

that was so cute! michelle is so lucky:)