Sunday, February 7, 2010

get lost..

Last weekend we went on a spur of the moment trip to AZ. Heidi and I really wanted to go and see our friend Kristi and her adorable little family. Well, as many may know the drive is only 4 hours so we had music and we had treats and we had lots to talk about. We didn't realize how much we had to talk about. We did start our trip with a prayer. We always do. (Prayer works) We prayed that we would arrive safely and that we would be alert. We didn't pray to get there in a timely fashion or to not get lost. Remember that I said Heidi and I had a lot to talk about we did. We talked and talked. Well, 4 hours into our trip we took the exit that said Phoenix we both felt it was a little wrong so we pulled into a gas station. After checking our googled directions we knew something was off. So, I went into the gas station and bought a map. Yep. We were lost. We somehow ended up in Flagstaff not Phoenix. Oops.

Luckily, there was a random Sam's Club. We decided that we were going to go in and just buy a GPS since we had no idea how far away we were or if we were really in Flagstaff. Oh, I forgot to mention that Flagstaff had just had a snow storm so the was snow everywhere. We ran inside and found the GPS got into line and wait our turn. When it was our turn the power goes out in the store. We are a little panicked but luckily the register was on back up.

Finally we got back in the car and plug in the GPS (named Sammy). It works! We found out we were only two hours off course. So, on we went.

Finally, we got to Phoenix. Kristi feed us yummy chicken salad and planned a fun game night. Oh and have I mentioned that she made an amazing chocolate cake. It was rightfully named Dreamy Chocolate Cake.


Plus, we got to play with two of my favorite little friends. I just love them.

Ok, so why did it take me a week to post about our adventure? I thought that there must be a reason why we got lost. Today during sacrament meeting it hit me. We got lost because we prayed to be safe and alert. The problem is that we didn't work at being alert. We allowed ourselves to be distracted. We were to busy with our own conversation that we missed the signs that would have pointed us in the right direction. How often in life do we pray for something then we don't listen for the answer? Heavenly Father will answer our prayers but we have to be willing to listen. I am just glad that we were able to arrive safely and that all it took for me to be reminded to listen was a two hour detour.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you did arrive safely! It was such a fun weekend! You ladies rock!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Oh I wish you guys were going this week so we could hang out!

Aves said...

WHAT???? And you didn't invite me????? :(

Meagan said...

JEALOUS! I want to get together with you girls!!! BOOOOO. I'm very glad that you arrived safely. You crack me up, as always. I miss you girls.

Mindy said...

I think we are all a little jealous here, I think we should solve that problem by you two getting your tooshies over here and come to see me! ok?