Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Santa Claus is coming to town...


And so is my family! In one week they will be here. I can't wait. We have never celebrated Christmas anywhere besides at home. So, this year will be a little different but at least we all get to be together. I made Peanut Butter Balls (a family favorite). I plan on making lemon bars and kiss cookies too. The house is decorated and everything is ready to go... I even bought all my gifts. Which is very uncharacteristic of me because I never have my Christmas shopping done. I can't keep a secret so I usually on purpose wait until the last minute. That way I don't spoil the secret. (Sometimes even waiting doesn't work.) But this year for whatever reason I am done early and I am feeling really strong. I don't even feel like I have given any hints. Maybe I am finally growing up. Well, maybe not. Last night Heidi and I did our Christmas because she leaves me tomorrow. We said no gifts but then we changed our minds. We decided instead of a price limit we would give ourselves a size limit.

I had to take a picture of our wrapping. Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do it justice. The boxes we had weren't to sturdy so wrapping was a little tricky. Then Heidi decorated my gift very nicely. She even included a picture of me. It shows my self confidence very clearly.

Now, all I have to do now is watch all of my Christmas movies over and over again.

5 comments:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Your tree looks great! Say hi to the family for me. You can send me lemon bars if you want...kidding!

Aves said...

YAY!! Great tree! PS how random that your family is coming to Vegas, because mine is coming to AZ! I've never been somewhere sunny with palm trees for Christmas, so this should be a first for me too! Girl, we need to hang. I miss your face! I hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Meagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meagan said...

Merry Christmas!! How fun that your family is coming to you. I wish mine was coming to me! So...what did you guys get eachother? Miss you tons, Nicole! Love ya.

Mindy said...

Yeah, I want to know what you got each other. Nicole you are always so prepared and organized, so it doesn't surprise me one bit that you are all done with your shopping. I have yet to even start! I am super excited for you to have your family there for christmas!