Heidi and I have a little bit of a drive to get to our building for church. We usually hit about a million red lights. We know that we need to leave our house at 9:40-9:45 at the latest to make it to church on time. The good thing about attending a Singles Ward is that we never start on time. NEVER! Usually the meeting actually starts at 10:15ish. Which works in our favor because we can get there "on time" most Sundays. Today we had a little glitch in our plan. We did leave late -but no big deal. As I was driving our normal route I notice that the lane is closed and there are a lot of blinking lights. I thought "accident" we turned around went up another street. Same thing blocked off. Finally, I realize that the Las Vegas Rock and Roll marathon was going on. We ended up making it to church a half hour late. Luckily, our ward was right on schedule and we were able to make it for most of the meeting.
The lesson I learned today was: Be sure to have church music in your car. Otherwise, when you are sitting in traffic trying to get to church you have nothing to listen to. You will inevitably end up saying sarcastic un-church-like things to the drivers that are driving at a lower standard than is what you expect to be driven at in traffic.
Tonight I will be making a church play list to have in my car.
1 comment:
My brother was at the rock and roll marathon!
Post a Comment