The attack on Pearl Harbor happen 68 years ago. I can imagine that the feelings that followed Pearl Harbor are much the same as my feelings 8 years ago on 9/11. I don't have to imagine the shock of an attack on American soil changes with 60 years. I don't have to imagine the confusion or being scared. I can imagine that in 1941 families gathered around the radio much in the same way that my family gathered around the TV to learn of the latest news on the attack. I can relate with the feelings of being upset. I also can relate to the feelings of pride in our country, the feeling of being united with my fellow Americans. I believe people then would have been looking for signs of hope much the same way as I did on 9/11. I can imagine that families gathered together in prayer much as the same way my family did following the attacks. I can imagine wanting to scoop up my family and loved ones and not wanting them to leave me. As terrible as these tragedies were I am grateful for the lessons that we can learn from this. We can unite. We can rebuild and we can remember.
"Remember Pearl Harbor--Keep America Alert-- Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty."
-Motto of Pearl Harbor Survivor Association
Sunday, December 6, 2009
A day of infamy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you Nicole, thank you for posting that. :)
Post a Comment