So hold on you are in for a doozy.
Today, I have a puffy eye (due to a zit close to my eye -gross. I know). I have been obsessed with it all day. Ever since I got home from church I can't stop going to check to see if it has gone down. I think it is improving. It is really annoying to have a puffy eye. I don't feel like I can see as well. I feel like all I see is my check and every time I blink it feels weird. The good thing is that I don't have to work tomorrow. Because, working with the public they like to point out when you have a flaw. It is really great for your self esteem.
True conversation: Customer: "There is something on your chin." Me: "Yes, I know it is a (fat) zit."
Thank you for pointing it out to me. Which brings me to my next topic.
In case anyone is wondering there is proper grocery store etiquette.
- Please know how much money you have so we don't have to take items off. It holds up the line and really if you knew you only had 39 dollars why did you fill the whole basket up?
- Along the same lines. Know how you are going to pay. Debt, credit, check, cash it really doesn't matter just know. It is ok to pay part cash part credit just have a plan.
- Unless it is really, completely needed please don't ask for double bags. It costs extra for the store so your prices will go up. Plus, not eco friendly, if you are concerned about the bag falling apart bring a reusable bag.
- If you do have special bagging request and there is a bagger talk to them not the checker. It is his job to bag. Plus, he is only standing 3 feet down from us.
- When the checker asks if you found everything ok. Don't say no. Then laugh and say "I didn't find the bag of money on aisle 8. It isn't funny and the checker hears it all day.
- If someone cuts you in line please don't start a fight/argument.
- Express lines are designed for 10 items or less. They are also a convenience. We aren't required to open one up just because you are behind someone. The line will move and by the time a back end person gets up to check you will already be gone.
- When in the driving into the parking lot please stop at the cross walk. Don't try to beat the bagger who is pushing a row of carts. They are hard to stop and really heavy.
- If you create a spill let us know. We will clean it up. We just want to know about it.
- Please don't call me "hey!" also, calling me by my name is a little strange especially if I have never seen you before. It is OK if you are a regular.
- Please don't try to return produce you bought 3 weeks ago. Also, if you do have a return save your receipt.
- Hang up your cell phone. I don't want to feel that I am interrupting you when you came to see me.
- Use the cart corrals in the parking lot. I have lots of shopping cart dings in my cars paint thanks to people not using them.
- Please don't assume I am dumb because I work in a grocery store. I work hard and I am educated.
- Thank you is always good.
**sidenote: Apparently I had a hard week at work. Sorry for the rant.
2 comments:
haha!! You make me laugh!! I like all the grocery store hints, they all ring a little TOO true.. some people just have zero common sense.
Bummer about your eye!! Its always the worst when someone points something out on your face, as if you already don't feel like its a mountain or something. Hang in there, it will be gone in a day or two :) I think WE ALL have dealt with something similar. I myself am sick and tired of any form of adult acne, it gets SO old.
lol. I loved this post. Hilarious. People are so dumb...oh my goodness. How can people have no common sense or social skills?? Annoying. I'm sorry you had a hard week. I wish I was around so we could cut out words from magazines and make a sign or something. Maybe make paper plate faces? Miss you tons!
Post a Comment