Sunday, March 15, 2009

Saturday was a Special Day...

Saturday was a special day! For several wonderful reasons. One of them being that I had made plans to celebrate Heidi's Birthday! Her Birthday is on the 18th but I will be at work and so we pre-celebrated. We have been talking for months on how glorious a massage sounded. We drive by a Message Envy everyday because it is just around the corner. We have even gone so far as to research the website. But for some reason we hadn't made any appointments. So, this week I decided to make the appointments to surprise Heidi for her birthday! It was wonderful! It was an hour of complete relaxation. I was a little nervous going in because I am not a zen, quiet room type and I knew that my therapist was male. But after I got in the room it wasn't awkward at all.



Then after we got our messages and we were nice and relaxed we continued with our weekly errands so we went to Costco. Which we love to do and I spent a record amount of money but it will be worth every penny. One of my purchases was a new ipod and I can't wait to download some movies to take with me this weekend on my trip.



Then after Costco we were thoroughly exhausted so we went home to wait for the Car Dr. to call about my car. Big Red has been a little under the weather and keeps finding herself back at the Car Dr. Finally, they called and the manager only charged me for the part and said that it should be taken car of. I literally drove off the parking lot and the light was back on! AAAAaaahhh! So, he took her back in and gave her another test but not before saying you won't need to be spending any more money on this problem.. The tech came in with a white flag and asked me not to shoot him. I don't know what the prob is but the manger is going to order a new part and call me on Monday... I hope he was serious about not charging anymore.





To finish off our relaxing fun Saturday we went shopping. We are the quest to find some new clothes but everything that we find is not cute and I don't know if anyone else feels this way but did we time warp back to the eighties? I feel like the clothes I am finding look like they came from my third grade years. To further my point at H&M they were selling white Ked looking shoes. Those are for gym class in elementary school. Your mom buys them at the beginning of the year and you don't wear them all year until you bring them home on the last day of school and have to wear them as your summer tennis shoes because those ones are still clean and your other shoes are worn out from all of those days in gym class.



All and all our Saturday was a special day! Happy pre-Birthday Heidi!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love hearing your adventures. I miss Costco so much! I was hoping the next place we would move there would be a costco but no such luck. What kind of ipod did you get? I ruined my ipod nano by putting it in the washer and dryer. Be sure to check your pockets! Miss you!

Peter and Lesha said...

that was great a massage sounds soo good right now! where are you going? on your trip? that was funny about the shoes I happen to be looking for those the other day so that makes me laugh come on Nicole the 80's were the best