My great-Grandma will be celebrating her 90th birthday this weekend and I can't wait to get there to celebrate with her! We would always go to Grandma's house and all of the family (remember that I am a great grandchild) would cram into her living room to visit. It is always fun when we are all together. The grand kids would go down to the basement to play. There is a very old upright piano that is very out of tune and as kids we would "play" the piano. It is very loud and we would often got told to keep it down. There was also a little trampoline and it was so much fun. Grandma's basement holds many memories. Grandma's basement isn't finished. There is a black tarp that separates the finished part from the unfinished and we weren't allowed to go behind the tarp. I guess because they didn't want us to get hurt. I think I was told that there was an escaped convict from the Abbotsford prison hiding down there because my whole life I have been terrified of the basement. I am an adult and I am still scared of the escaped convict in the basement. Rational thought doesn't even help. I am so grateful for my Grandma and I am blessed to have her in my life. Happy Birthday Grandma. I can only hope that I live to be 90!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
90 Years and Still Kickin'
My great-Grandma will be celebrating her 90th birthday this weekend and I can't wait to get there to celebrate with her! We would always go to Grandma's house and all of the family (remember that I am a great grandchild) would cram into her living room to visit. It is always fun when we are all together. The grand kids would go down to the basement to play. There is a very old upright piano that is very out of tune and as kids we would "play" the piano. It is very loud and we would often got told to keep it down. There was also a little trampoline and it was so much fun. Grandma's basement holds many memories. Grandma's basement isn't finished. There is a black tarp that separates the finished part from the unfinished and we weren't allowed to go behind the tarp. I guess because they didn't want us to get hurt. I think I was told that there was an escaped convict from the Abbotsford prison hiding down there because my whole life I have been terrified of the basement. I am an adult and I am still scared of the escaped convict in the basement. Rational thought doesn't even help. I am so grateful for my Grandma and I am blessed to have her in my life. Happy Birthday Grandma. I can only hope that I live to be 90!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment