Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"IHOP? I LOVE IHOP!"

Yesterday morning I get a text from my Dad that says "Well, here is the latest. We are lost in Seattle because we want to eat at IHOP and we can't find one. But the drive around until we find it is the only plan we can think of." Mind you they are now only two hours from home after being gone on a cruise for the last week. They stayed in Puerto Rico and I assume they found their way around there and they stopped at a bunch of islands and they must have navigated their way around those islands. So, how is it that they can get back to Seattle and not find the IHOP? So, Finally my Dad asked me to Google it to give them directions. Being the hero in this story I googled and called them with directions. I would also like to point out that my Dad does own a handy navigation tool that we call WENDE. Where was WENDE during this adventure away from home? At home. Why? Because Dad also has a handy navigation tool on his phone that he activated to find his way around Puerto Rico. Lesson we should take from this experience: Even with fancy navigation tools the old fashioned call someone for directions is still tried and true.
Now, I hope they got on I-5 North bound. If not at least they have their passports.

1 comment:

Donna Chapin said...

Thank you Nicole for the directions!
We found IHOP without any problems, now finding I-5 was a different issue. Oh, I should inform your readers I wasn't driving and either was Rayme. We were with our cruise buddies. :)
Love Mom