Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cha-cha-changes

(The last slurpee Friday with my coworker Mike.)
A lot has happened since Girls camp. Especially at the office. While I was at camp I received a text telling me that my  assistant was let go. Also that my entire job was changing. And that one of the departments that I work in was being transferred to Spokane. Was I shocked? Not really. Things have been up in the air around here since April. I also found out that another coworker was offered a job with another company. And even though I knew it was happening while I was gone it was still hard to come back and realize that the department that I started in was bought out so all of my core work friends were gone. Ugh. Change. 

So change has been my norm lately. I have new responsibilities and a lot of new stress and two new bosses. But, I will just keep plugging along doing the best I can to smile along the way. (Which is hard) 

Another change... I turned 30. It wasn't so bad but I had been practicing since my half birthday. I think 30 will be ok. Everyone kept saying "oh! dirty 30" and I have no idea what that means but I plan to keep up the grooming standards that I have had my whole life. Oh, and good news only about 80 years until I retire. 

Another change is that I decided to return to my family ward at church. The singles ward has been great but I think it is time to move on. Which means I have been put into the YW teaching rotation. I really love working with the YWs they teach me so much. 

A couple of months ago I kept telling people I could feel a change coming. Which happens to me once and a while. I think it is a warning from Heavenly Father so I can figure out how to manage the change. I just didn't know that so many changes would be happening at once. I am sure that the changes are still coming so currently I am just waiting for the next one. 

And just because she is cute here is my cousins little girl. Just hanging in the hammock with Doofy Dino. 

No comments: