We were really lucky that the rain held of during the hikes. I went with the 2nd years. I thought that the hike would be a nice and easy hike. It actually wasn't terrible but it was longer than I expected. I didn't expect to have to hike through streams or over fallen trees or under them for that matter. I also didn't plan on snow or to climb boulders. But we did it and the view was worth it.
As the rains came down our spirits raised up (bad English?) the girls continued to do their cheers and to sing the camp songs. We powered through the faith walk which I think might have been the most wet faith walk in the history of girls camp. From what I could hear they did a great job explaining the spiritual significance in the zodiac. I wish I could remember what they taught. I guess it is time to research.
We really focused on Stars and light this last week and how we need to absorb the light so that we can pass it on. It is amazing that you can spend a week with crazy teens and feel uplifted but it what I needed. We also talked about goals. I had opportunity to reflect on my own goals and I realized that I might not know where I want to be exactly but I do know that I want to be close to the Savior, I want or be in His service and be doing the things that He would see pleasing.
We had a lot of free time which allowed to girls to develop relationships and to try new things. I know they loved the ropes course and I heard a lot about Zumba and the crafts. They also were able to practice the skills they learned in a certification competition. I was a victim at the first aid station and I would be a really good person to have around if you broke your arm. Just saying. We were lucky and the sun decided to come all at once on our last day and we got a bit crispy but with our first aid skills we were able to doctor ourselves up.
Our girls from F2 rocked the skit night. We took a trip on Miss Friz's magic school bus to outer space. The theme was friendship and they did great. No need for scripts, they spoke clearly and loudly and they were within the time limit!
Testimony meeting always is my favorite part. I love hearing the testimonies. They are honest and from the heart. If you have never been to girls camp this would be the biggest reason to go.







1 comment:
I knew it really poured rain, but that picture is worth a million words.
The girls are lucky to have as you as one of their leaders. You are a great example and they know your love of the gospel and the important role it has in your life.
Glad you had a great time despite the trying weather conditions.
Post a Comment