Tonight we needed a low key movie night for YWs so of course we dusted off our copy of Legacy. What else would a group of teenagers want to watch but a church pioneer movie with amazing acting? In all honesty I think that they liked it. I remember seeing Legacy for the first time and I remember thinking I was so grateful that I didn't have to cross the plains in a handcart and be driven from my home. Anyway, since the other leaders couldn't be there it was just me and a few of our y dubs. After we finished the movie we sat and talked and munched on what was left of our treats. Finally, I had to be the bad guy and send them home, I love that they talk openly with their leaders and that they ask real questions. Sometimes they make me feel ancient and others I feel like I am 16. Tonight the hot topic was dating... This has been a topic for a couple weeks now and I love hearing them figure out what they should do. I also love hearing them counsel each other. Tonight we had a pretty even split of those who are 16 and allowed to date and those who are younger than 16 and not dating yet. I loved hearing the younger girls views. If you are LDS and you think you know the definition of dating I would encourage you to ask someone who isn't LDS to define dating, in the last couple of weeks I have discovered that there are 2 entirely different meanings floating around,
Anyway, tonight T poured M and Ms into her hand and got an M and M Yahtzee! Oh and I learned we are equally split on the coolness/uncoolness of Instagram and vine and snapchat. I do not currently vine but I think I better check it out so I can choose a side- cool or uncool that is the question..

No comments:
Post a Comment