Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Skills/Resume Building

Not to brag but I have a lot of skills. Growing up my Dad would have me help him work on whatever he was doing. He would give me a hammer and tell me to pull nails out or pound them in. If it was a complicated project in a tight spot I would be the flashlight holder (until I bought him his headlamp) I would hand over screwdrivers, screws, get a ratchet, run and find an open ended adjustable wrench. Whatever he needed I would locate it. Sometimes, I would have to guess and hold up a few options to see what he wanted but for the most part I am a pretty good assistant. So, my Dad has been building a Chicken brooder for a lady at church but not your average one. No. This thing could house a million chicks. He kept asking if I wanted to help but I was busy so I kept saying no. Well, Monday night after baking cookies to take to the Savior of the World production I went and helped him finish the brooder. Which meant I got a lesson in electrical work! Yay! Oh and I got to use the nail gun- I love that thing! (NAILED IT!) I can now wire a chicken brooder. There were a lot of wires and 4 light switches but we got it connected and it worked the chickens will be able to stay warm.





***On a side note: I had a dream the other night that 2 of my guy friends from High School wanted me to go in on the business they were starting. When I asked them what the business was they told me it was a plumbing business and they needed me because I was the only one who knew how to install toilets. (uh, I have never done it but I am sure I could google it and figure it out.) I kept telling them that they were crazy. They both have good jobs and why would they quit their jobs to start a plumbing business when they don't know how to do plumbing.

No comments: