Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Twas the night before..


National Popcorn day and all through the house not a creature was stirring. You read correctly National Popcorn day. I didn't know that there was such a thing until I received in the mail an amazing calender from Oriental Trading it has a holiday on almost everyday of the year. I have decided that this year my new years resolution is to celebrate these fun holidays. I have so far been very successful. I have already celebrated National Hot Chocolate day and tomorrow is national Popcorn day. You wouldn't believe my luck when today I walked into Target and in the dollar section there were these amazing popcorn containers. They pretty much screamed at me to buy them. So, I did. I had already planned on bringing everyone at work a thing of microwave popcorn but oh these are so much better. It is all about the packaging. So, then my brain really started to whirl. What else goes with popcorn? RED VINES! I most give them red vines too! Then - what goes with red vines? OH! M&Ms! I tried I really did. But Target failed me and didn't have any individual packs of M&Ms you know the snack ones in Peanut. So, I went for Snickers the runner up. I had to stop myself from having a give a mouse a cookie moment in the candy aisle. So, I ran to the check stands with my treats and didn't look back. I came home pulled my treats from the bag and WA-la. I perfect Nat'l P'corn Day gift. That is slang for National Popcorn day. That is what they are calling it on the streets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, that is genius!! I love it! Please update us on more of these great random holidays! We need it!

Amanda said...

That is so dang cute! I want a calendar like that. How do I work with you?! You have lucky co-workers!

Meagan said...

Very creative, as usual. :) The people you work with are very lucky!