Happy Veterans Day! I am very grateful for those who have served our country. Recently I was looking through some pictures at my Grandma's when I came across pictures of my Grandpa while he was serving in the Korean War. Grandpa never talked about his service in the military but I do know he was proud of his country. I think that my love for my country very well may have stemmed from my Grandpa even without him saying anything. Several years ago I was working in the mall when my Grandpa stopped in to show me his new hat that he was so proud of. He pulled it out of the sack and showed me a newly embroidered baseball cap that said "Korean War Veteran." He was so excited to have it made and he wore it up until he passed away. Even now that hat is still sitting on my Grandma's old stereo.
No comments:
Post a Comment