Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I love insurance!

Just for a recap I work as a Reimbursement Specialist. People get medical equipment. I bill the proper insurance. Once the insurance pays I then apply the proper copays to the patient. Part of my job I get to call insurances to straighten out messes. Sometimes I get to talk to real people sometimes it is a fake person. I especially like to call the Medicare IVR (interactive voice response) line. One day I think I called the IVR line 45 times. After I called 45 times and "talked" to this man on the IVR line I decided to name him. He is now known as Gary. So, this Halloween I thought and thought of a good costume. Then it hit me one day! Think inside the box. What do you work with all day long? INSURANCE! I should go as Flo from Progressive! I found pants and a shirt, made an apron, created a tricked out name badge, added my converse, found a blue ribbon for a headband. The topper being literally the topper -A BUMPIT. yep I rocked a bumpit for Halloween.

Want to know the best part of my Halloween? We had a Costume contest at work and I won 2nd! I never win anything! I was so excited! Only two points separated me and the 1st place person. Kind of like the election results that are coming in as we speak! Another testament to ever vote counting!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Great Costume!

Mindy said...

You looks great Nicole! Good job thinking outside or inside or whatever the box. :)

Meagan said...

Love the costume, very creative. Congrats on 2nd place. That rocks. :)

Heidi said...

You look so cute, I'm glad you went as Flo!