
Tradition is a huge part of Christmas for me. I look forward to our family traditions every year. One of the traditions that I have really missed participating in this year is my Aunt Marilyn's Christmas Tea. Every year since I can remember Aunt Marilyn hosts an amazing elegant afternoon tea party fit for little princesses. We the "little girls" come in our best dresses ready to listen to Christmas music and indulge on amazing treats. Aunt Marilyn spends hours in preparation baking and preparing little sandwiches, scones and delicate little treats. I love the cherry cakes! They will forever be my favorite. She even decorates the tops of the cherry cakes with little tiny holly. The table is always set just right and there is always a holiday party cracker waiting for us to pop open. After doing so we proudly model our crowns that were inside and show off our treasure. We sip herbal tea (peach is my favorite) and munch on our little sandwiches until we are so stuffed we can barely make our way to the couch. (Not exactly lady like) We sit near Aunt Marilyn's tree and watch the bubble lights until all the dishes have been cleared from the tables and then we watch a Christmas movie until our parents come to pick us up. My favorite Christmas movie that we would watch was "Prancer." I love this movie I would only watch it at Aunt Marilyn's and I loved the story. If you haven't seen "Prancer" you should add it to your list to watch this season. It reminds me every year to keep on believing. The power of believing is magical and anything is possible when you believe. Being that I don't live at home anymore I missed the "tea" and in search for a little piece of this tradition I bought my own copy of "Prancer" this year. Although I didn't wear a dress and drink tea with a paper crown I did watch the movie and I did feel that wonderful warm feeling of tradition. There are so many traditions that my family has for the holidays but "Christmas Tea" is one that I hope I can pass on when I have little girls.
2 comments:
That is the sweetest tradition! I think I may start doing something like that for McKenna and her friends. I might have to call you for some more details!
I love Prancer too. My favorite part is when they are singing and you can hear the little girl or boy (can't remember singing out of tune and off note:) Thanks for your comment I loved laughing at the memories. So hope to see you this christmas, are you coming Home? Call me
Post a Comment