I take after my mom. I am realizing this more and more as I observe her. We went to the nail salon to kill a couple hours while our power was going to be out at the house. As I was getting my toes done I watched as my mom visited with the strangers around her like they were old friends. Then after I was done and waiting for her I sat by a lady who was 80. She was waiting on her daughter whose birthday is today. She had just had her nails painted a nice purple. She was wearing a purple and silver striped sparkly sweater with a purple necklace and purple pearl earrings and a homemade pony bead bracelet with her name on it. She told me about her pet frog Kermit and she told me her love of clothes, also her daughters each collect different things. One collects lighthouses one collects pigs the other doesn't collect anything. She inspected my toes and approved of the color. Oh and when her daughter asked her to hold her own jacket (which was purple velvet) she said no with a laugh. She was spunky I could see it in her eyes as the were magnified by the thick cat eyed glasses. We joked that if we were a mother daughter pair we could leave. Since she was waiting on a daughter and me a mom. When Norma left I felt like I had a new friend. Which reminded me of something my mom says. "There are no strangers just friends I haven't met yet"

1 comment:
Amen! You and your mom have both blessed me by adopting me as a friend, and I am ever so grateful for it.
I'm glad you found your friend Norma, she's the kind who makes time go by fast!
Post a Comment