Saturday, February 11, 2012

Here is a tip...

I am just sitting here making some Carmel Corn for tomorrow night. We are having New Beginnings for Young Women. I am using my Mom's World Famous recipe. She has made Carmel Corn every Christmas since I can remember. This Christmas I can't even try to tell you how many batches she made to give away. I do know that we used a lot of butter, a lot of Karo syrup, and a lot of brown sugar and the popcorn popper was often sitting on the counter. After watching my Mom make her Carmel Corn for all of these years I decided I should try making some on my own. So, my Mom stood next to me and told me exactly how to do it. That is the best way to learn right?? To my surprise making the sauce isn't even the hard part. The hard part was after it was all on the cookie sheet and I had to stir it every 15 minutes. I kept flinging it all over. Until my Mom came out to the kitchen to see me flinging the popcorn around. I guess she thought I should know how to stir popcorn (apparently I didn't.) Had she given me this tip right away I might not have wasted so much CC by flinging it onto the floor.
 
TIP: When stirring popcorn push the cookie sheet against the back corner of the stove. Then the sheet doesn't slide around and you can really get in and stir.

No comments: