Remember on my birthday how I had a swollen face due to my tooth? It hurt... A LOT!!! I like to think that I an handle pain pretty well. I hate when people say on a scale of 1 to 10 rate your pain. I don't know.. But this tooth was a 8. It hurt. I have a co-worker who ALWAYS is dealing with migraines. She has to wear sunglasses all the time and she is usually dizzy so when she walks down the hall she balances against the wall. I know she is in pain. She asked me how the tooth was Tuesday after I went to the dentist to have it retreated. It was ok, not an 8 but probably a 4ish. She gave me her well wishes. Hoping I would feel better. I laughed and said "me, feel better?? you can't even walk down a hall without holding on to the wall." She replied "Yes, but I have learned how to deal with my pain and I am used to it."
She had surgery yesterday to remove a tumor on her adrenal gland. They don't think that removing it will solve her problems. But, I hope that it helps. She deserves to be able to walk down a hall or not wear sunglasses everyday in the pacific northwest. She has gone through a lot of scans and tests. She has 8 pages of doctors that she has seen in the last 5 years. She has a huge binder of labs and medications that she has tried. She is learning to deal with her pain.
Tuesday I gave her a gift for her post surgery stay at the hospital. I think it is a pretty good gift so I am going to share. I gave her a coloring book, a National Enquirer and a brand new box of crayons. I rolled the magazine and coloring book up tied it with a cute/cheerful ribbon and attached the box of crayons. I should have taken a picture. But, life can't be bad if you have fresh crayons and something funny to read.
I saw a quote on Pinterest and from here on this is my gauge...
"How bad does this hurt? Would it stop me from going to Disneyland?"
I think it was from Glee. I should have repinned. Dang, me and my stingy pinning.
2 comments:
Nicole. You need to pin everything. Seriously.
ya seriously nicole, i DO. obviously. maybe you just need to take some of my pinning addiction and I can take some of your 'stingy-ness'.
Post a Comment