Monday, May 2, 2011

Good bye old friend...Hello new friend




Tonight I said good bye to a trusted friend. As you all are aware Big Red and I have been together for a long time. We made it through college and even a couple years post college. When I bought her I thought she was just a car to get me by. I never knew that I would truly grow attached to her. I know she is "just" a car. But, I seriously had to hold back tears when I handed the salesman the paper work. She has seen me through a lot of really scary situations but she has also been there during some of the most fun times. I will never forget being in college and riding around with my roommates listening to "Big Red's Mix" and singing as loud as we can all the way to Idaho Falls. I also won't ever forget the many snow storms that she shielded me from. We had a pact in situations like that. She kept the rubber on the road and I would get her a new air freshener or an oil change or even a car wash if it was warm enough. She taught me things too. Like how to buy tires without your Dad being around she also taught me that you don't need fancy gadgets to be fancy. I love Big Red and I hope that whoever gets her next will love her as much as I do. Good-bye old friend. Thanks for the good times. (FYI- I really do have a small tear in my eye)


Here she is. She is a 2008 Ford Escape. She is technically called "gray" but I see her of more a steel blueish gray. I think she is beautiful she has beige interior and she tells me what is playing on the radio. SO COOL! Maybe just maybe I might learn who sings my favorite songs. She is 4WD which is great but don't think that I am moving anywhere that might need it. She has a sunroof which I am pretty stoked about. I always wanted one. She even has a place to plug in my Ipod I really had no idea that cars even had that. We have only driven back and forth on the Guide a few times but she loves round abouts. I don't know what I am going to call her but I have had lots of suggestions and I don't mind more. I will let you know when I decide. I wasn't planning on buying a car tonight it just happened. I went up to Lynden to see 2 cars that I saw online. The salesman Kurt startled me. I was just wanting to look in the windows and see if I was interested. He snuck up on me and scared me. He showed me the other car, this car and a brand new Escape. We looked at the numbers on the 2011 Escape. It was to rich for my blood. He then crunched some numbers on this car and wa-la. It was doable. He let me test drive it home so that Mom and I could bring Big Red up to Lynden to see what she was worth. We got back they gave me what I thought was fair for Big Red and next thing I know I was signing at the X. Hello new friend.
Salesman Kurt was really nice. He didn't push, he suggested other cars but he didn't laugh when I said that the Honda Ridgeline truck wouldn't work cuz my scrapbook stuff would get wet. ok, he kind of laughed but then he realized I was serious. He was honest. Well, I felt he was honest. Plus, He is a retired Marine so he gave me the opportunity to thank someone who served our country today.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Can't believe you gave up Big Red. She kept my bum rather comfortable on many trips. :) Love the new car.

Peter and Lesha said...

so funny we just bought a 2010 ford escape same color :)