Greetings, Y'all!
Yep, I am in the Lone Star state. Why am I here? Of course it is because I came to visit my "bestie" Heidi! ,After I left her in LV she decided to become a Texan. Since I have never been to Texas I thought perfect 2 birds one stone! I can visit Texas and I can see Heidi. I planned on updating my blog while I was just hanging out at her apartment while she was at school today. I had some really great pictures of my latest sewing project but I seem to be having techincal difficulties with my camera and computer connections. So, you will have to wait to see what I have made. But, don't fret I have something better! In honor of my trip to Texas here are some facts about Texas:
The state Capitol is Austin.
The state motto is "friendship" -I don't really think one word can be a motto maybe a theme.
Texas is the 28th state
The word Texas is based on a word used by the Caddo Indians meaning "friendship"
There are 254 counties
The state bird is a Mocking Bird
The state flower is a Bluebonnet.
The state tree is a Pecan tree
State mammal (large) is a Texas Longhorn
State mammal (small) is an Armadillo
They have a state reptile: the horned lizzard
The state stone is Petrified Palmwood- really that is a stone?
The state dish is Chili- I am surprised it isn't steak.
More wool comes from texas than any other state.
The state was an indepent nation from 1836-1845- I now understand why they think they are a country of there own. I always thought they were part of the south boy am I wrong. They are just Texas. Don't believe me ask someone from Texas.
Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in the state.
The first word spoken from the moon on july 20, 1969 was "Houston"
Now that you know more about Texas than you probably wanted to know. I am going to see if everything really is BIGGER in Texas.
*I promise I will get my picture issues worked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment