Friday, August 6, 2010

birthday and stuff

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that the reason I haven't been blogging lately is 1. I have been busy!
2. My camera adapter thingy isn't working so no pictures.
3. I now have a desk job which means I sit on a computer all day and so when I get home I don't really want to spend more time computing.

The good news is that
1. I am still alive.
2. I had a birthday.
3. I am going to rededicate myself to my blog.

First off- work is still going really great. I really like my job there is a lot to learn and I enjoy all of my co-workers. Also, for those who didn't know I was hired per Diem with the possibility to be hired on permanent full time at some point. I was informed last week that they would be changing me to permanent as soon as they got the paper work done. YAY! I never worried about this happening but it is comforting to know I will be getting benefits. Plus, have I mentioned how much I love the girls in my department?
Speaking of the girls at work..
My bday was Monday and so the girls at work surprised me with ice cream sundaes! It was really nice of them especially remembering last years working on my bday experience (let's say worst night ever) My sister and Dad even brought me flowers. Then my family took me to dinner to Mykonos! All in all it was a fun day even if I would have rather skipped turning the age I turned. I still can't say it yet.

Let's see what else is new in my life...oh, My family bought this thing called a Wii and it turns out I am an excellent canoer and a even more excellent sword fighter. Also, I have been busy cleaning. It seems that all of my family should be signed up for that show clean sweep so I am sweeping my grandma's house right now with mucho help from my parents and sister. I think I could do this for a business. If only people didn't get so attached to their stuff. Really other than that my life is kind of boring and normal but I do plan on getting a new adapter thingy so at least next time you can see a picture of my mundane life.

3 comments:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Happy be-lated birthday!!!

Mindy said...

NICOLEEEEEEEEE! I am by far the worstest horriblest ridiculoust baddest friend in the world! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I love you tons and hope that you had a good one. Carter wants to webcam you and show off his cute jammies that you gave him. They are way so cute on him! You are the bestest greatest amazingest friend ever. I miss you tons spaghetti head.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Happy, happy, beLATEd birthday, Nicole. I'm so glad things are going well for you and that you now have benefits.