Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Time flies..

I have been told that as I get older time will go by faster. This last month I can testify that this is true! I have been busy..doing what I'm not really sure. Work life has been great. I am still learning but I have completed a few projects on my own which only needed limited corrections. I will admit that since I don't see the patients face to face I love to imagine what they look like based on the info that I have on hand. I have fallen in love with a few patients already.

I received a calling at church to teach the 3 year old class. I have 5 very busy boys. They crack me up and we have only had 2 weeks together! This last week the Bishop invited our class to come down to his office so that he could "interview" our class. It was precious watching them "reverently" walk down the hall to his office. To our surprise he wasn't ready for us so one of the boys suggested we knock. So, they all knocked on the Bishop's door. As a class we decided that he must be busy when he didn't answer so we "reverently" waited in the chairs. There may have been a little tickling but hey. When the Bishop finally could see us they boys let him know that we had to wait a long time. The Bishop apologized. It was probably the cutest thing to hear the boys explain to the bishop that they knew the bishop was feeling happy because he was smiling. This made me feel like a good teacher since our lesson was on feelings. Then at the end the Bishop gave us what the boys called "strawberry sticks" or as most people call them red vines. Needless to say on Sunday afternoon I needed a nap.

Then on other topics: My Grandma had surgery a few weeks ago and so she has been staying with us. Which meant I moved out of the guest room to the scrapbook room which meant I have been organizing like a crazy person. My Grandma had a cancerous growth which the Dr. removed and the next step will be Chemo which means that she will be here for a while. Luckily, The prognosis is pretty positive that she will be cancer free in 6 months to a year. It has been fun having her around. Between Grandma, Mom and me we could hold our own on Jeopardy.

So, I guess that accounts for some of my time.

3 comments:

ME said...

hahaha "between grandma, mom and I we hold our own at Jeopardy!" hahahahaa

Meagan said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. I have to agree with you on the getting older and time going faster statement...I can't believe how fast the time flies by! Those little boys are so lucky to have you as their teacher. :) I miss you!
Oh-and I saw a tagged pic of you on Facebook, you look so pretty!

Mindy said...

I bet you are the best teacher ever for those kids...I can totally see you in that calling. Sorry to hear about your grandma being sick, I love your grandma! (your mom's mom right?) I miss you tons girlie and I love that you love your job. It makes life so much better when you love what you are doing.