Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And it came to pass...

And the end of the days of dread came to a close. I no longer dread going to my job. I started a new job. It has been a few weeks and I still love it. I am learning so much and I really like all of the people that I work with. It is something totally new. I am doing medical billing. I felt a little out of my element the first week but I am getting it. They told me that I will learn what to do quickly but I won't understand why I am doing it that way for about 4 months then suddenly it should just click and I will understand why I am doing it that way. So, by that time table I feel I am right on track.
Today we had a fire drill and I made it out of the "burning" building safe and sound although I did realize once we came back in that I should have taken my files that I was working on because if it were a real fire I would have lost about three days of my hard work. When I mentioned that to the girls in my department they all laughed and suggested that I get a rolling desk that way I could just wheel it out the door. I think it would be worth it.

2 comments:

ME said...

haha! Well, I am glad you are liking your job!

Meagan said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your new job! Miss you.