Sunday, May 9, 2010

Don't get your ribbons in a twist...

For Mother's Day I was able to go to Leavenworth to scrapbook with my Mom and some of our friends. We had a great time. While we were all being Crafty McCrafterson's I noticed my friends unique way of storing her ribbon. She had them in a bag all messy and tangled up. After I cringed when I saw my friends bag of messy ribbon I asked how she could handle such a mess. She explained to me that her life is a messy bag of ribbons. It isn't on a spool or nicely wrapped around anything. It is all just heaped in. She told me that she just deals with it one piece at a time. She says motherhood is the same way. Right now my life is nicely wrapped up piece by piece. I don't let the loose ribbons get tangled up. I keep them all organized and separated. She explained that when I become a mother I will learn to just deal with a big messy bag of ribbon. I told her it won't happen. she said "We will see."

The same goes for extension cords. I used the one on the right. Hers was the one on the left.

4 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

oh yes it will!!!! but you will fight it cause you are so neat and clean and organized but it will happen:) are you here? call me already!

Heidi said...

A place for everything and everything in it's place! If she would have given a minute you could have whipped up a cute organizer for all that ribbon!

Darla said...

Nicole,

I love you!!! Heidi, it was killing her, she wanted to stop her project and wind up all that ribbon... I sooo wish I could be more like you Nicole.. but I don't have time *lol*.. Last week & next week will be represented by 2 of those bags *lol*.. I was glad you were able to come..

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

As I was reading this I could just hear you and Darla bantering. How funny. I imagine your ribbons will get tangled at some point, but what do you want to bet you keep them in color coordinated bags?