Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Projects completed:

The weather.

The Flamingo's
Uncle Joey and Joseph goofing off.
Playing Hand and Foot after dinner.
Cousin's and Grandma
Face patiently waiting to open presents.
Dad dealing with the weather.

So, Christmas was wonderful! My family was able to spend lots of time together. Usually on Christmas eve we go to my grandma Chapin's house but because the roads were hazardous do to the weather she canceled. Which worked out fine because my parent's quickly threw together a very tasty spread of food and we ate and watched a whole bunch of Christmas movies as a family. We love Christmas movies! Then we did all of the Christmas morning stuff: Brunch, prepare for dinner, and opening presents! I was super excited I got a sewing machine. I have been wanting one for a long time and I don't really know to much about sewing but I have the basics and I figure trial and error learning will be ok. I also got to go to lunch with my friend Lesha and her little boy at Bob's! I love those fish and chips! The weekend went by much to fast and I was super sad to leave Bellingham. I love to fly but I mostly love it because I can just lean back and take a nap the whole flight. This didn't happen on either trip. The flight there I meet a lady that is sister's with my mom's friend. Then the way back I was in my seat and already falling asleep when this guy sits next to me. He pokes me to get my attention then introduces himself. Frank proceeds to chat with me almost the entire flight! Frank is an attorney here in Las Vegas and was in Bellingham visiting his daughter and her family. He plans on moving to Washington within the next year because he loves Bellingham and how family friendly it is. Frank was very nice and I didn't mind talking to him but would you really poke your neighbor that is asleep?
My new sewing machine I named him Oh Brother b/c I will probably be saying that a lot.
This is my first completed project! I did it all by myself! I think it turned out pretty well.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Love your new project! Also love your sewing maching, it's a good brand of sewing machine by the way. Also I love playing hand and foot! I just learned from some friends and I could seriously play that all night. Well you basically do because it's a long game! If we get together soon lets play. Glad you had a great Christmas, I just wish time didn't fly by so fast.

Amanda said...

oh my gosh nicole i'm so jealous of your sewing machine skillz. i love that apron, i'm also jealous of that book you got. those pink flamingos are so chapin...if that makes sense. hopefully i'll have the pictures done soon for you guys.

Aves said...

How fun!! I am so glad you had a great time! I can relate to the break not being long enough, it always happens that way! Hopefully we will be able to see each other soon! :)

Peter and Lesha said...

ok so I love your sewing machine and I totally want an apron cause I saw this girl wearing one the other day at the mall like over her jeans and it was totally cute, I think I could start a new trend (wait she started it) I could copy I guess but it was adorable I might have to go shopping with you when you come back and get some super cute fabric:)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

It's darling Nicole!

Picture This said...

ok..first..glad you fed the flamingos...glad you made me that apron and im pretty jealous..maybe lets start sewing stuff at the retreats and by that i mean..ill buy the patterns and you sew..while i talk you thru it??? sounds good right?? hope ur doing well..and i need your address..just sayin!!!