
I have been waiting for the inauguration to take place since I mailed off my ballot. As I was watching the inauguration celebrations yesterday. I was excited. I pray that the leaders of our country will be guided to know what our country needs. I was sucked in as I sat there and watched the President ride in his limo for an hour. The highlight being when President Obama finally got out and walked for a few minutes. I kept thinking "Wow, this is history in the making and I was part of it. I voted." Some of you may know my feelings on my vote and that I was disappointed to know that my vote had just been sent off in the mail and they were already announcing winners. I felt like my vote didn't count. But, I am now seeing the light. My vote did count. I voted and I participated in a historic event.
(OK, that is all my little political mind can handle.)
3 comments:
Yay! Go OBAMA! It was such a special day!! I cried most of the time.
Amen, sister I was pumped with the results I don't care what other people think, I wanted to blog about it but didn't want to ruffle feathers. but you did it very well. it will be interesting to see what happens
I had good intentions of voting, but moving to tennessee they have different registration laws and it was too late to register by the time i remembered. I agree, the car is just right. Camille's emily passed away this week, not sure if you heard or not.
Post a Comment