Recently I have noticed that my life had a lot of negative in it. So, I decided that I was going to change. I was going to make my life more POSITIVE! I started by cutting out my radio in my car. I don't go around without music I still listen to the radio I just turned it way down and as soon as it gets to be to much I turn it off. I love driving around with soft background music. I don't feel near as anxious driving. Then I had a great "ah-hah" moment the other day. I was getting my oil changed and it took them three times the time that they "quoted" me. Yet, I was served with such great customer service I couldn't get mad. I tried but Lori was so nice I didn't mind waiting. So, as I was driving away I called the store and talked to the manager and I told her how I appreciated Lori and her wonderful service, even though the wait was a really long wait my day wasn't ruined. To get back to my "ah-hah" moment I realized that you truly can go a long time on a compliment. I receive a lot of complaints at my job but the compliments are the ones that last! I am much more willing to keep going, to keep smiling, to be happy. I am making a resolution. To recognize the friendly, good customer service. I can make a quick call to a manager it only takes a second and I know that there day will be so much better. Try it. Giving a compliment makes the receiver feel good that someone noticed and the giver feels good for noticing. WIN, WIN!
2 comments:
Way to look at the cup half full. :) I am so glad you wrote about that. The positive definately should outweigh the negative and we need more positive in this world. I miss you a ton!!!!
I am with you! A compliment or nice comment can go a long way. I wish more people would realize that. You are great! Glad you are doing so well! Are you going to Washington for Thanksgiving?
Post a Comment