Thursday, October 9, 2008

Too tired to be creative, too tired to blog, too tired...


I am tired. I must post, I am refusing to let work life interfere with my blogging lifestyle. I must come up with something to share with my dear friends. I still have two more days to go until I get my day off this week. That will make it an even 12 days with no day off. Not that 12 days is a huge time period but in the grocery business it is eternity! I am pretty sure that if I bought a gallon of milk 12 days ago it would be ready to expire bu now. (Don't quote me on that I am not the dairy manager.) I will make it! I will make it! I have to repeat myself so I don't forget. I like my job. I like being the manager. I like that I get to work with fun checkers and even some of the baggers aren't so bad. I do however really miss Broulim's the small town atmosphere and especially the guaranteed Sunday off! I usually do get Sunday's off but being that one of the other managers is out because of a hurt knee and the other was sick on Sunday that only left me to close. I had to do it. I had to go in no real choice in the matter. Then as my luck would have it we had some really important corporate company visiting the store today/yesterday. So, guess who gets to step up and do everything? Me. and guess who will get the good credit? The other manager who hasn't helped a lick this week and guess who will get all of the bad news? Me.... and guess who was tired this morning and shaved one leg twice this morning and forgot to do the other? ME! Guess who can't fall asleep even though she is really tired? you got it. Me. Oh well, I will make it. I will make it.....

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh Nicolee!!! You will make it and when that day comes, take a nice hot bubble bath and bring lots of treats with you. I miss little Broulim's too, life was a lot easier there. But I miss you lots more!!! Maybe when the other manager comes back you should take vacation to come and see me. I would pamper you and you would never have to get off the couch. ok? :) and if you did get off the couch, I would put you in a wheel chair and wheel you anywhere you wanted to go. I love ya!

Aves said...

Girl, I hear ya. All I do is work. Now, I do get weekends, but the weekdays are SO hell-ish, that they go by way too fast and i haven't even re-grouped from the last week. Work in my job though has been really rough financially. I am on full time commission and the economy has really sucked. I have had more cancellations then orders, which basically equates to me making no money, and paying myself to show up and work. So at least your getting a lot of hours with dollars attached to them! When you do get your day off, take a nice snooz and watch a good chick flick. Its the best! love ya!

Meagan said...

haha, girl, I miss you!! You are managing a grocery store?? Which one? Fill me in. :)

Meagan said...

My address is:
707 S 5th W #1502
Rexburg, ID 83440
MISS YOU! Love ya tons.