Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"A Dam Good Time!"

So, after my extremely long week of work Heidi and I decided to go be tourists for the day. We took off to the Hoover Dam! We went on a Dam tour, saw a dam movie, saw dam people, took dam pictures, we got dam hats, we did the whole dam thing...=) We couldn't get enough of the dam jokes! We paid the whole 30 dollars to get the extreme dam tour. We actually got to go through the tunnels inside the dam. There are stairs that go all the way from the bottom to the top and it would take about three hours to climb all of the stairs. My favorite thing is the architects that designed the stairs curved them so the climber wouldn't be able to see how much further they had to go. (cool, huh?)

An earthquake sensor...

Looking down at the dam.
Trying to get a pic of me and the dam and not losing my cool hat.

Heidi left me and went to Arizona...Luckily, she was only a few inches away so I didn't miss her to bad. (another fact: they had to remove the white line on the road because it was causing to many accidents.)



Comfortable shoes recomended: FYI flip flops totally are fine for this tour. The power plant. If the light is on it is generating power.
One of the tunnels. Heidi kept trying to convince me to run down one to see what was down there. I think that Megatron from Transformers was at the end of this one.
Ok, This picture was from a vent. I actually got to stick my arm out of one of the vents to get this picture.
Heidi with the view of lake Mead...This was actually on the way there. We were really excited!


The Dam Police;)

Some dam bulders ;) The bottom of the dam.
Oh then to end the day we really were craving Olive Garden but the wait was 1 hour...I wasn't about to wait an hour. So, we drove a little further down the road to eat at Claim Jumper! It was so good! What a great way to end our Dam good day!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for that post. I laughed the whole way through. I've made many trips over that Dam.

Mindy said...

How fun! I never thought going on a "dam tour" would be that exciting. You have changed my thinking of that and I will put that on my list of 100 things I need to do before I die. Thanks! I miss you girls. You are having way too much without me. :)

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Love all the pictures! You guys are too cute!

Parker said...

Did you see any dam fish?

Peter and Lesha said...

how fun, you are too cute. wish we could have some more fun time:)