Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mother's Day

When you are 30 and not married and not a mother Mother's Day can be a bit... I don't know if I can pick just the right word. But, it is a bit strange after church as the poor young man handing out the treat for the Mothers tries to figure out do I give her one?

This year though I saw Mother's Day a different way.  I have been thinking a lot about what makes up a mother. And I may not have my own children I do get the wonderful opportunity to teach a wonderful group of Young Women who I love. I feel their pain when they are suffering. I feel their joy as the accomplish goals, I get to giggle about boys and discuss the latest fashions. I get to give them advice and be their friend. 

That being said I was given a new insight today as I sat in Sacrament meeting. I am doing my best to be a good influence on the people around me and Mother's day isn't just for those who have children.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I agree Nicole. You are very much a mother. You have a nurturing heart and that is what a mother has.