Friday, September 13, 2013

Family

We had family pictures taken back in May when we went to Utah.  This is probably one of my favorites of us kids. Last week Chyla and Chase came home and got married! I love when everyone comes home. As they are driving they will text us telling us each major city they drive through, as they get closer I can feel the excitement bubble inside me. I count hours I figure out what city they should be pulling into and then I wait. Then finally they are home and we cram as many fun things we can into their stay. This time we crammed a lot in. The biggest thing was the wedding but we had to do a lot of prep. The wedding was in our amazing friends back yard. So, we spent a lot of time over at their house helping. Chase mowed his first lawn. I thought it might take the entire week for him to get it done but it looked great, Chyla is a pro at "fluffing" the lawn and she can use the leaf blower with skill, I added back hoe operator, shuttle driver and florist to my resume. Michelle she came just in time to help decorate some cupcakes and to play chauffeur to the bride. 
Since it was outside I prayed with every ounce of my being that the weather would be nice. I was getting an ulcer from all the worry but on the day of the wedding I said one more prayer and then I pulled out the table clothes and went to work decorating- low and behold the clouds parted and we had the best weather. I am feeling a bit guilty because I might be responsible for the flooding in Boulder... Sorry. 

I wish I had pictures of the wedding but of course I was a little busy and guess what never made it out of my purse that was shoved somewhere.... My camera so I stole a picture of the bride from Michelle and I guess we will just have to be surprised when the photography gives us the photos. 

Oh and look at this one that the photography posted on Facebook. So romantic. Kim Gasper was the photographer and she was great!
She memorized all of our names and since the family dynamic is kind of confusing I was impressed that she was able to get all 16 of us in the bridal party let alone all the family members. Then when she knew how we were all connected it blew me away. I still get confused 

Anyway, everyone made it to the wedding safely. We were able to learn more about Chase and meet his friends. Growing up people told me to surround myself with good friends because you become like them. I saw this in action Chase's friends had nothing but good things to say and I could tell that they loved Chase. One of my favorite memories came from when we were in the basement all lined up to walk down the "aisle" and we were all joking and laughing when Tanner stopped the commotion and said "Guys, you know what is so great about today?" (I thought he was going to say we get to have s'mores after this) but what he said was so much better. He said "Chyla and Chase are getting married!!" We then cheered and the first couple headed out the door. I could see Chyla through the crowd in the basement (there were 17 of us in there) and she was beaming. 

So, I am grateful for family no matter if they are related by blood or not. Family can be whoever you want it to be and for that I am grateful. 

No comments: