Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A relaxing hobby?

On Sunday night I thought I wanted to be crafty. So, I dug around my stuff looking for an easy project. I found my knit sticks! Remember when I learned to knit in October? After a couple of attempts casting on and watching a you tube video I remembered how to get started. Then for practice I undid my work and re cast on about 10 times. After I remembered my saying "uptown downtown around town out of town" I was doing pretty good. But for practice I undid my work and started again. Let me tell you this knitting gig isn't relaxing at all! I have to focus so much and sometimes I mess up and I have no idea what happened! So, I decided I am just going to press on until my project starts to look like I know what I am doing. This might be a scarf it might not.



1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm a little bummed you tore out your eye patch (wait did you cut it off and save it?!).

It's NOT relaxing at all for the first little bit but once you get the motions and your rhythm down it gets so much easier and before you know it, you won't hardly have to look at what you're knitting.

Some patterns I refuse to use again because they would make me SO tense and I had to count and keep such close track of every stitch and fixing knitting mistakes isn't fun. So I just make things that don't require me to make sleeves or heels :)