Today in Sacrament Meeting one of the people who bore their testimony shared the thought that "when one door of happiness closes, another door of happiness opens." This guy has had some really tough times over the last three weeks. Not to go into the details but in one day he witnessed one friend get married and another leave this life in a serious car accident. Pretty tough situation. As I listened to his testimony it reminded me of the Plan of Salvation and how it truly is the plan of happiness. I know that I came to this life to receive a body and to learn all that I can on this earth. I also know that when I am finished in this life I will be able to return to my Heavenly Father and I am going to be reunited with my family and loved ones. I am so grateful for the blessing that the gospel has given me. On Friday night I was at work and it was my first night managing all alone. I was the one running the whole show. I knew to expect the unexpected. I wasn't prepared for when one of the baggers showed up to let us know that his dad had passed away the night before. I was shocked and I didn't know what to say at first. I could feel the ache in his heart. I could tell he was feeling totally lost. I don't know that the words I said to him comforted him but I hope he knows that his father is truly in a better place. I hope that his family can feel comfort in this tough time. I am grateful that I was reminded that when one door of happiness closes another opens.
To find out more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints go to mormon.org
No comments:
Post a Comment